Innovation and technical excellence are at the core of what we do
We constantly advance the design and capabilities of specialist vehicles used within the emergency services, military and other security-focused organisations.
Our vision is to lead the world in the development of specialist products that keep people safer – whether they are bomb disposal engineers, firemen controlling a flood or undercover security teams carrying out an operation.
That’s why we need people like you who want to help us shape the future. People who want to excel in their roles and enjoy working as part of a team.
Part of a bigger picture
Babcock’s Vehicle Engineering business forms just one part of an international business that employs over 34,000 people worldwide.
Operating in the UK and overseas, we are trusted to deliver complex and critical support to the defence, energy, emergency services, transport and education sectors. We pride ourselves on our long-term customer focused relationships and engineering excellence.
Many of our employees enjoy the opportunity to work in different sectors within the organisation.
Our commitment to you
We recognise that every person has a part to play within our business, whether you are in an engineering role or underpinning the operation in another function.
That’s why we develop our people and support them through their careers – looking to create leaders of the future. Our jobs range from apprenticeships and graduate vacancies to experienced hires.
We often have the requirement for skilled and semi-skilled engineers to work within a number of internal divisions working on a variety of vehicle builds. This can include:
- Auto Electricians
- Vehicle Strippers/ Fitters
- Fabricator Welders
- Panel Beaters
- Vehicle Painters
- Vehicle Technicians
- Vehicle Trimmers
We look to recruit people who can support the business in a number of functions:
- Accounting / Finance
- Business Development & Sales
- Contract Management
- Health & Safety
- IT / Business Systems
- Office Support
- Project / Programme Management
- Quality & Business Improvement
- Technical Design
We are proud of our apprenticeship programme which has grown year-on-year, and plays an ever more important part in developing future skills sets within the business. Our apprenticeships provide nationally-recognised qualifications and are delivered in partnership with a local college.
We look for the following attributes in all of our apprentices:
- Willingness and ability to learn: you’ll need the focus to learn vocational skills and follow academic courses too. You must be able to read and interpret technical drawings, so need to have at least three GCSEs or five Standard Grades, including maths, English and a science or technical subject.
- Practical skills you’ll need to show a genuine interest in how machines and appliances work, along with the desire to design, build, maintain or repair them.
- Safe working we’re committed to preventing injury in the workplace. So you need to be able to take instructions, and to think and plan your work with safety as a priority.
- Respect for others Most of your working life will be spent working as part of a team. So you need to be considerate and respectful towards other people.
- Self-disciplined and motivated you’ll need to be reliable and able to motivate yourself, while taking pride in delivering a high-quality service.
If you think you’ve got the qualities we’re looking for, get in touch here and find out about starting your journey with Babcock
Our Vehicle Engineering graduates are recruited centrally for the Babcock International Graduate Programme. Please click here to find out more about Babcock Graduate Careers in Engineering and Science and Business Management.